About TC Beach
REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR THIS SEASON! 2024 REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN MAY 2024!
TC Beach is designed for the beginner/intermediate athlete who is new to the game of beach volleyball or who wants to improve both their beach and indoor game. It is also for advanced athletes who want to increase their volleyball knowledge and become a more versatile player. Beach is super effective for growing the indoor game.
- The program runs from April 17 - June 29
- Cost of the program is $300 for beginner/intermediate and $150 for our advanced level athletes. See below for definition. (Covers Coaches Fee, Tank Top, Equipment, Insurance, etc.) and can be paid in two installments of $150 on April 1 and May 1st. Sign up online.
- Location of practices is Ayden District Park 3909 Jolly Rd. Ayden NC 28513
- Players will be placed on courts with players of a similar skillset. We want to ensure everyone gets a lot of touches and is learning the fundamentals of the beach game.
- We will have 2 practices per week for beginners/intermediate and 1 practice for those advanced who just need a coach for touching up skills.
- Tuesday evenings and Thursday evenings 6:30-8 pm beginners/intermediate (less than 2 years of sand or club experience)
- Monday evenings 6:30-8 pm -intermediate/advanced (at least 2 years of sand or club experience). This will be at discretion of club staff!
- Our goal is to have no more than 15-20 players per court. There are 2 courts at ADP.
- Each practice will include cardio in the sand. This will help athletes jump higher and move quickly in the sand and ultimately on the indoor court. It is also great for stamina building.
- Practices will be held at the sand courts at Ayden District Park, address above. Canceled practices due to heat and rain will be at discretion of TC!
- Tournaments are not required but are strongly encouraged so players can apply the skills they learn in practice.
- Tournament fees are additional. Cost is normally about $20-25 per player and paid directly to the tournament. Usually, one player signs the team of 2 up, and they split the cost with each other. See document attached for all of the proposed tournaments and costs. (the cost is per team) At tournaments, coaching is only permitted during time-outs and between sets. It is very different from indoor, where a coach can direct players during the entire match. We will help you get set up with the tournament schedules and locations. Players are ultimately responsible for choosing the tournaments that they would like to attend, and we will serve as a guide for you!
- You DO NOT need to have a playing partner to join our program.
- Beach is played in pairs!
- If you do participate in tournaments, you can play with a different partner/friend at each one.
- If a player needs help finding a partner, we will help with this as well!
TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE This will be updated as information becomes available to us!
- Nicole Waters
- Billy Dudding (Program Coordinator/Scheduler)
- Jacque Allen
- Megan Andrews
- Rachel Leitch
- Lexi Bryant
- Cat Flatt
- T’jana Pugh
- Brianna Dillard
- Sophia Fisher